Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to paint my grille gray like an LTZ model. Has anyone else tried this? Do the grille inserts snap out by chance? Thanks!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I thinks It's actually silver. Let us know how it turns out! with pics too!! good luck!

p.s. Is that the only difference between an LS grill and an LTZ grill?
yup

and foglights

·
Registered
700 Posts
I have been wanting to paint my grille gray like an LTZ model. Has anyone else tried this? Do the grille inserts snap out by chance? Thanks!

I would caution against this, althought there are some really good spray paints out there for plastic, I previously had a GP that I did this on using an expensive plastic spray paint, although at first it looked good, the wear and tear that are experienced by the front grills causes the paint to chip and overtime you really lose the nice effect that is given.

My recommendation would be to buy a new set of metal grills and than you won't have any issues. Although this can be a more expensive option in the beginning in the long run it will save you time, money, and headaches.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes, I to recommend finding a metal or making one. Then have it Powder Coated, which is much more durable. The bug and rock chips wont take such a heavy toll on the finish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.