Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been some discussions here about the PAL option and the addition of USB ports. On gmaccessorieszone, PAL shows as a 2008 option but not 2009. Does anyone know if the PAL adapter will work with the radios on the 2009 Malibus? TIA.

·
Registered
512 Posts
There have been some discussions here about the PAL option and the addition of USB ports. On gmaccessorieszone, PAL shows as a 2008 option but not 2009. Does anyone know if the PAL adapter will work with the radios on the 2009 Malibus? TIA.
I think USB ports are integrated into the switchgear on '09 Malibus...can someone confirm that?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think USB ports are integrated into the switchgear on '09 Malibus...can someone confirm that?
Dont know what PAL is and have not seen a USB port on the dash or in the manual. I have an 09 LT2....maybe on the LTZ , can say for that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
PAL = Personal Audio Link. Basically, a hookup for mp3 players. You can control the ipod type mp3 players from the stereo.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
NO. The audio system, in every way, of the 2009 is identical to the 2008 and the same PAL accessory will work the same way.

They just haven't completely or properly updated accessory pages yet.

·
Registered
512 Posts
NO. The audio system, in every way, of the 2009 is identical to the 2008 and the same PAL accessory will work the same way.

They just haven't completely or properly updated accessory pages yet.
But didn't we see something a week or so ago that said USB integration was going into the Malibu? Same as the Cobalt's?

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
But didn't we see something a week or so ago that said USB integration was going into the Malibu? Same as the Cobalt's?
Don't know, but checking the ordering guide, nada.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Now I want to know how long I have to wait before I can buy this from the dealer and have it installed....would certainly be a nice feature to have, I wouldn't really need XM anymore if I could get this on my Bu.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Now I want to know how long I have to wait before I can buy this from the dealer and have it installed....would certainly be a nice feature to have, I wouldn't really need XM anymore if I could get this on my Bu.
More than one owner here jas had it installed and working for a while, so no need to wait...your dealer just needs to order and install. It's part # 19166154. Unless something is different in Canada, in regards to accessories.

·
Registered
701 Posts
More than one owner here jas had it installed and working for a while, so no need to wait...your dealer just needs to order and install. It's part # 19166154. Unless something is different in Canada, in regards to accessories.
Is this the PAL cable???? If so, that's not what I am looking for but thanks for the info. I want the new car deck with the USB plug in....Actually talked to my dealer yesterday, he has heard about it and is going to let me know when it becomes an orderable accessory so I can figure out what the cost would be and if I want to do the upgrade.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Is this the PAL cable???? If so, that's not what I am looking for but thanks for the info. I want the new car deck with the USB plug in....Actually talked to my dealer yesterday, he has heard about it and is going to let me know when it becomes an orderable accessory so I can figure out what the cost would be and if I want to do the upgrade.
Well, that new head unit (actually looks the same as the current one except for the USB jack) is a factory feature in some Cobalt's now, but I was unaware they would make that an accessory for anything else.

Guess we'll see. I would expect such a thing to be a late intro factory option, if anything, when it does come to more vehicles.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Beach - Sorry didn't mean it as an accessory as such....meant that when you can order a new factory head unit....Sorry for the confusion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.