Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Has anyone researched installing the parking sensor on the Bu? The rear visibility is pretty bad, so I was wondering if there's something on the market easy to install. I am thinking about something simple just for backing up.

Rear view camera is not an option because I don't want to bother with any displays in the car. Mostly for security reasons, if I have a display on a suction cup one day my car will be broken into.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...or curb sniffers :D

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really? Then how come when a car follows me in the city at a slow speed I don't see it's headlights?
I don't mean to badmouth the Bu, the car is great no doubt, but the styling takes it's toll as always with modern day cars. Many cars are in that boat nowdays. My 05 Vibe was a nightmare to back up.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I just use all three mirrors to see around and behind my car (And I'm one of those people who ALWAYS backs into a space/driveway).. don't you dare badmouth the 'bu.. it's dead SEXAYY

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just use all three mirrors to see around and behind my car (And I'm one of those people who ALWAYS backs into a space/driveway).. don't you dare badmouth the 'bu.. it's dead SEXAYY
Well the Malibu is a great car its rear visibility is not that good. That being said if you are aware where the blind spots are and arrange your mirrors generally your ok.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Same here. Imagine that;)

I had quite a bit of trouble with visibility with my mothers '08 'Bu the few times I drove it, but after 3 months of my G6 coupe and its swooped back and higher up rear, the 'Bu is a piece of cake and notably easier to see out of.

As far as rear sensors, they would still be very useful, and given the number of cars I see daily with them done cleanly aftermarket--the 4 little black sonar eyes on the bumper--from a Lucerne, to a Taurus, to a CTS (all cars that can be had with them from the factory, but weren't so optioned) thanks to dealer installs, the 'Bu is no sweat.

There's lots of different companies that sell the kits and in various varieties with different options, it just comes down to which one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.