Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,360 Posts
Call your local auto parts, or go to Rock Auto.

Finding the right part might be easier if you look for the plenum gaskets.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Domestic auto parts are not available

So I will order it online and want the correct number

·
Administrator
18,360 Posts
Go to RockAuto.com and look it up. It's there.

·
Administrator
18,360 Posts
If you consider that to be just "trying to help" but not actually helping, then what were you wanting? Your request was to "help you get the part number" and then you indicated "manifold gasket". However, the picture of the part that you showed is the plenum, so I included that information to help guide you to the correct part.

I could have copied the part number for the "manifold gasket" and pasted it here for you, but I gave you all that you needed to obtain what you needed for yourself, allowing you to see that there are two gaskets, the manifold and the plenum. Being aware that both exist, you would have been able to choose for yourself which one you wanted, or if you wanted to get both.

I was trying to get you to go and look it up by the name that I provided, "plenum gasket". When I looked on RA, it was listed right there in plain sight.

I provided everything you needed to find it and even more, so you could then determine if you needed something other than what you originally asked for.

Our cultures seem to have clashed at this juncture. Maybe I misunderstood you, maybe you misunderstood me, or maybe we both misunderstood each other. Either way, in English we have a saying: "Don't look a gift-horse in the mouth." What that means in plain language is to accept what's provided to you out of the generosity of the giver, and don't complain that it wasn't enough. It could have been absolutely nothing!

I bid you adieu.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you consider that to be just "trying to help" but not actually helping, then what were you wanting? Your request was to "help you get the part number" and then you indicated "manifold gasket". However, the picture of the part that you showed is the plenum, so I included that information to help guide you to the correct part.

I could have copied the part number for the "manifold gasket" and pasted it here for you, but I gave you all that you needed to obtain what you needed for yourself, allowing you to see that there are two gaskets, the manifold and the plenum. Being aware that both exist, you would have been able to choose for yourself which one you wanted, or if you wanted to get both.

I was trying to get you to go and look it up by the name that I provided, "plenum gasket". When I looked on RA, it was listed right there in plain sight.

I provided everything you needed to find it and even more, so you could then determine if you needed something other than what you originally asked for.

Our cultures seem to have clashed at this juncture. Maybe I misunderstood you, maybe you misunderstood me, or maybe we both misunderstood each other. Either way, in English we have a saying: "Don't look a gift-horse in the mouth." What that means in plain language is to accept what's provided to you out of the generosity of the giver, and don't complain that it wasn't enough. It could have been absolutely nothing!

I bid you adieu.
Actually my language is not that good, really sorry

Thank you so much

1 - 7 of 7 Posts