Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Chevrolet Malibu 4 Cylinders F 2.2L FI DOHC 134 CID

Recently my headlight went out on the passenger side. My turn signal stopped working on that side at the same time. I thought maybe the bulbs blew so I replaced both. The driver side works fine. The passenger high beam bulb is dimly lit when on low and won't work on high at all. I've checked fuses and they seem good. The bulbs are brand new and identical to old ones. I did not change the high beam bulbs only lower.
When using turn signal I get rapid clicking. The rear lights all work fine.
I'm at a loss. I hope it's not a wiring issue cause I'm lost at that and can't pay a mechanic.

Just checked the 4-ways and it works then.

Attachments

· Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
21,010 Posts
Sounds a lot like a bad ground, or grounds.

· Registered
63 Posts
2007 Chevrolet Malibu 4 Cylinders F 2.2L FI DOHC 134 CID

Recently my headlight went out on the passenger side. My turn signal stopped working on that side at the same time. I thought maybe the bulbs blew so I replaced both. The driver side works fine. The passenger high beam bulb is dimly lit when on low and won't work on high at all. I've checked fuses and they seem good. The bulbs are brand new and identical to old ones. I did not change the high beam bulbs only lower.
When using turn signal I get rapid clicking. The rear lights all work fine.
I'm at a loss. I hope it's not a wiring issue cause I'm lost at that and can't pay a mechanic.

Just checked the 4-ways and it works then.
I'd go thru and check all the wiring connxs you can find ...the ground is probably included in the "bundle" of wires? I take them apart and back together several times and use some di-electric grease to improve contact. Also where the bulbs make contact...but keep grease off the glass of the bulbs. You can use 90% isopropyl alchohol to clean the glass...or maybe glass cleaner.

The rapid clicking usually means a burned out bulb...so the new one isn't getting current?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just the other day we noticed it was working when we parked. We tried the turn signal and it worked again then we tried the high beams and the right side lights went off completely then it went back to what it was doing where it wasn't working.
It seemed like it was losing power to the lights. I have a new battery so for sure not that either.

· Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
21,010 Posts
Nah, forget testing! Just get the parts cannon out and start blasting away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.