Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the Struts thinking that was the clunking noise while driving down the road because it sounded just like I had before on a different vehicle but that loud clunking is still there but the front does ride smoother down the road, it's so loud it sounds like it's going to break going down the road. Could the lower motor mount on passenger side be broken or going out and needs replaced ? What else could causing the clunking noise?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Yes either sway bar link or lower control arm.... are the two things it could be if you already did the struts. Motor mounts would bang when changing gears.

·
Registered
2007 CHEVY MALIBU
5 Posts
I replaced the Struts thinking that was the clunking noise while driving down the road because it sounded just like I had before on a different vehicle but that loud clunking is still there but the front does ride smoother down the road, it's so loud it sounds like it's going to break going down the road. Could the lower motor mount on passenger side be broken or going out and needs replaced ? What else could causing the clunking noise?
Hay big john i had a same thump on bad roads in my 2007 LTZ after changing schocks checking suspension and wrenching tight( every thing) it turned out to be the spare tire cover in the trunk flopping around ( no kidding ) I laid a stow bag on it and Boom no thump or clunk that was my fix my noise came from the rear hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts