Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read threads here of bypassing the passlock with resister or switch and they all refer to a yellow wire on the ign passlock sensor . Well I have no yellow wire . My vin is 1G1ZT53F16F279W57 This vin comes up as American made 2006 with LT trim and a (3.6 engine) which I don't have .it came from the factory with the 2.2 eco which is actually in the car all the vins I've searched for and found on the car are the same. In other words a vin switch has not occurred . I am the second owner and the 1st owner an older couple bought it off the lot. Recently I was side swiped by another vehicle and now my car starts and turns off I've changed the BCM (not sure if I replaced the two relays on the back in their correct position 4 terminals can turn either way) got the fob and key programmed did all the 10 minute reset but the same thing haooens. Now I'm trying to find the yellow wire which I can't.. Going to replace the passlock part of the ignition maybe that will work.Do I need to change the whole ign or just the sensor? Confused in Riverside .ca.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,604 Posts
Try using this VIN decoder. It comes back with the correct engine info.

Starting and then turning off sounds kinda like it runs out of fuel. The fuel pump relay should be in the trunk. Does it have a reset button like older cars do? Have you tested it and its fuse?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try using this VIN decoder. It comes back with the correct engine info.

Starting and then turning off sounds kinda like it runs out of fuel. The fuel pump relay should be in the trunk. Does it have a reset button like older cars do? Have you tested it and its fuse?
The the last three numbers that I posted for the VIN w57 correctly it should be 2 5 7. I checked the decoder it said that it was they'rein L61 engine 2.2 L. The very 1st thing I checked was the fuel pump circuit and it's ok with plenty of fuel. I purchased the new ignition switch parts but haven't had the chance to replace it yet. If I had a schematic i could see which wires to work with no matter the color . I'll probably have to break down and stop being cheap and purchase a manual with schematics in it. Probably a shop manual is what I'll have to get. Thank you for replying and I appreciate the vin decoder link . As far as the fuel is concerned I'm way past that point. On the BCM. The two relays on the back of it are not marked and will fit the socket either way and I'm not sure if the coil and contacts are in properly they can be turned 180 deg and still go in the socket . wish I had a picture to go by. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
3,010 Posts
Online manual, alldatadiy.com It's what I use for my fleet, super intense and complete.

t

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.