Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming up to 3K on my Bu' with the 3.6 V6, plan on running the 5/30 Synthetic from then on, yea or nea ??? ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I use mobil 1, but I'd say about all normal syntheic's are about the same. Just changed mine over in fact. I bought a delco filter and a wix to compare. Wix looks like much tighter packing of the filter mesh, and the top where it pops into the fitting is made a little different. The wix has a plastic ring machined inside that makes the oil actually go thru the filter, where is delco doesn't it's just basically open. I used the delco first because I plan on changing it again in another thousand, but I'm going to order a k&n and mobil 1 filter just to look at them and compare.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I use mobil 1, but I'd say about all normal syntheic's are about the same. Just changed mine over in fact. I bought a delco filter and a wix to compare. Wix looks like much tighter packing of the filter mesh, and the top where it pops into the fitting is made a little different. The wix has a plastic ring machined inside that makes the oil actually go thru the filter, where is delco doesn't it's just basically open. I used the delco first because I plan on changing it again in another thousand, but I'm going to order a k&n and mobil 1 filter just to look at them and compare.
When did you make the change to synthetic? I got Mobil 1 0-30W mpg oil to go in mine, was planning on 1000 miles. Mobil One comes in the Vettes, I see no harm in going ahead and changing to it, just wanted some input. Thanks,

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have been using Castrol Syntec Blend 5/30 and Pure One Filters. Ran it once about 3k miles. The used oil looked like Cola. At 5900 Miles I changed the oil. Put in 5 Qts Pennzoil Platinum 5/30 and a Pure One filter. At 9k I'll see how bad it looks.
Mine is an 08 2.4
Escapemax

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't think so either. Can not find the socket to do the oil filter. Going to have to order one. Just got back from AutoZone.
Huh? I got mine at Auto Zone. Its not in the tool section but with the filter wrenches.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts