Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was browsing around Ebay the other day and came across this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PERFORMANCE-CHIP-CHEVY-MALIBU-MAXX-2004-2008-2007-2006_W0QQitemZ280294358784QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item280294358784&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A64|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

And i was wondering is it worth? it does it work? Or is it just some Ebay BS? Its cheap and i might just go ahead and pick it up but i dont want to fry my ECU or anything.

Thanks it Advance

·
Registered
281 Posts
junk PERIOD, all those are, is resistors that plug into your IAT, it will temporarly trick your ECU/PCM to give more fuel but after a few miles it will learn from the host of diffrent sensors that are on the car and will go back to normal performance

if it was that amazing and that cheap dont you think that GM would have had it as an option? :p i mean 50 hp for 10 bucks!!! pshhhh junk just liek the tornado, fuel pills. ect buying that is like buying from http://www.kalecoauto.com/

·
Registered
281 Posts
hey anytime! you probly wont be the last to ask about one of these, lets keep our malibu family/friends from falling for a trick and loseing their money

it can also pose a risk to your engine in hot weather, besides controlling fueling it can also adjust timeing because it tricks your ecu/pcm into thinking that its colder so it bumps up timeing and get a littleto much pre ingniton....dead engine :(

·
Registered
493 Posts
If you really want to change the way your Malibu runs go fro a tuned PCM. GTPMalibu is right about that item, all they do is trick your PCM. With tuning the PCM there are some changes that can be done that will be beneficial to the engine, one the cooling fan can be set to run for a certain amount of time after the engine has been shut off for one. Mark (lvemy3100) can explain more of what can be done to the PCM and what mods would benefit from a tuned PCM.

·
Registered
27 Posts
you can go to ant TUNER w/HPtuners and have pcm flashed EFILive is not able to do at this time:mad:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there a Cheaper alternative to HPtuners software? It costs $499 on their website. Im looking for something that would remove the speed limiter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.