Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone but a performance chip in their gen 8 2.5l Malibu if so did it work. I’m looking in to putting a stage 3 chip in mine but worried about the low torque transmission and if it will effect it

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,006 Posts
Pure junk!

Check with Trifecta for a real tune.

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts
2x on the Trifecta tune. Safe, removable and gets rid of auto stop. Premium gas is required if your gonna put your foot in it though. I like mine. You will need a laptop. ''chips'' are junk and a rip off.

Reactions: Treefork

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Malibu LT 1.5L
3 Posts
2x on the Trifecta tune. Safe, removable and gets rid of auto stop. Premium gas is required if your gonna put your foot in it though. I like mine. You will need a laptop. ''chips'' are junk and a rip off.
Would you say that a trifecta tune would be better or just as good as taking it to actually get dyno tuned at a shop?

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
5,297 Posts
Would you say that a trifecta tune would be better or just as good as taking it to actually get dyno tuned at a shop?
If maximum horsepower numbers are all that matter to you, a professional dyno tune is better.

If a balance of reliability and drivability is your goal, go Trifecta. I would strongly recommend you go with Trifecta as the Malibu is not a performance car.

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Malibu LT 1.5L
3 Posts
Ok, if you have it or you would get it. If I plan to only possibly do a cold air intake or Y pipe in the back for a back axle, which would you get? The advantage or Elite?
I have a 2017 1.5L

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
5,297 Posts
Ok, if you have it or you would get it. If I plan to only possibly do a cold air intake or Y pipe in the back for a back axle, which would you get? The advantage or Elite?
I have a 2017 1.5L
The Elite is the tune that they will tailor for modifications. I don't recommend putting an oiled intake filter on any daily driver car, and in many cases the stock intake is already more than enough airflow for the base engine.

Reactions: Dani0228

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts
I have a 2017 1.5L
You have a 1.5 . I would leave it alone, cracked pistons are an issue in some stock motors. That's why GM locked the ECM in newer ones to avoid issues.
1.5 is maxed out already.
If you need more power you need to trade up to a 2.0 Malibu or a different car unless this is a toy that you do not need to depend on for transportation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts