Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming from an '06 GLI, looking for something a bit larger but still can get some decent mileage and allow me to get away from traffic if needed...

looked at the Malibu a few weeks ago and liked it but the trunk seemed awfully small, and since i'm an avid golfer, i was kinda turned off because of the trunk...

i ended up going back to look at it again this week, and since the GM pricing started this week, i couldn't turn it down...

i got a Blue with Brick and really like the car so far... there are already a few issues that i'm going to have the dealer fix, (headliner coming out of the molding above the drivers door, and the rear of the drivers seat seems to not be snapped together properly)... i hope this isn't a sign of issues to come with this car... i've always been the mind that domestics just can't cut it with the imports of the world as far as fit and finish goes, and this start isn't helping the cause... as long as the dealer fixes it everything will be good...

car needs a 1" drop something fierce and she'll be a real looker... she's got a nice growl to her when you step on it, and is pretty smooth and quiet when rolling...

looking forward to making a few changes to her as time goes on... the short list is as follows...

-suspension
-HID "look" bulbs (have had HID lighting for some time now and don't want to be without it)
-all weather floor mats
-debadge part of the trunk (probably keep the LTZ but ditch the Malibu)...

·
Registered
512 Posts
Nice looking car. I'd take the dealer badging off. Always looks better without.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on the whole domestic/import thing. It's a very common and unfortunate misconception that the quality of imports is better than that of domestics. I can name off many, many problems with imports that I'm sure the vast majority of Americans have never heard of. It's pretty much given that most cars, domestic or import, will go back to the dealer for some problem after the initial sale. In fact, the industry quality average actually stands at over 100 problems per 100 vehicles, meaning that a large majority of cars, regardless of manufacturer, has had at least one problem. Remember, these vehicles are mass-produced, and there will always be a few cars with defects, no matter how hard we try to prevent them.

Hopefully the dealer will be able to fix the issues you're having, and I hope your mindset about American cars will change.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm going into it open minded and as long as the dealer stands behind it's product i won't get down on the product...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh and i already removed that dealer sticker... i hadn't even realized it was on there until i looked at the picture... i hate when dealers plaster their advertisments on MY car...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it's been a week, and i put about 300 miles on her, and got about 23mpg, but i'm not holding that number in high standards right now...

gonna fill her up tonight and see what kind of numbers i get from the next tankfull...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.