Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am disgusted right now. I picked up my 2009 White 2LT today and everything was great. A couple hours later, I'm leaving work and notice that there's a 2" red line above the drivers door handle. How I missed it I don't know but I figured it was just something superficial that would wipe off. Nope, so off back to the dealership I go. They tried rubbing it out with no success. The service manager takes a look and comes to the conclusion that it must be deeper into the paint. While they're figuring out what to do, my salesman and me decide to look over the rest of the car. I ended up finding a spot where the front fender and grille come together where a large piece of paint has chipped off. At that point I was completely livid to the point of demanding a different car. They didn't have another white 2LT available so after calming down a bit, I decided to leave it with them so that the collision shop could take care of the problems. :mad::mad::mad:

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Oy. Only visual issues, but still awful to find them or that they're even there in the first place.

Hopefully they can fix them, though if not, they could always swap in a matching car from another lot and just re-write the documents for you with a non damaged car. Hope it works out.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Damn, with all the 'Bu problems I feel very fortunate that mine has had ZERO so far.

I've had my 'Bu for 6 months and no visual or manual issues.

I have 2,700 miles on it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Mine had 3 long scratches on the top of the trunk lid and my hood is not lined up perfectly either, Ive been meaning to go in and try to adjust some just haven't had the time.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Man, Attention to Detail is my No1 rule when I buy a New car ;), I go over the car with a fine tooth comb before the papers are signed, it's easy to get caught up in the moment and not notice the small details, hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Haha... I had the "opportunity" to drive the car for a week and a half before signing, and about 3 days into that week... The drivers seat stopped working totally. Lol.
Thats negative 4 days. Lol

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've been pretty lucky so far, because I neglected to do the 'fine toothed comb' once-over. Still, I'd have caught the single ding to the right front corner of the roof (relative to the sunroof), rather than catching it the weekend after I bought the car. A good Dent Doctor type could most likely remove it, but I've seen and heard far too many horror stories about the disassembly / reassembly for things like this resulting in other, worse, long-term problems (like leaking sunroofs, misfitting roof liners, etc. So I just decided to live with it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mine had 3 long scratches on the top of the trunk lid and my hood is not lined up perfectly either, Ive been meaning to go in and try to adjust some just haven't had the time.
Thats funny because my hood/front bumper didn't line up perfectly either. getting it looked after when i put my winter tires on.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got a replacement vehicle today. The exterior was perfect except for one small stone chip on the bumper. We won't even talk about the 4 inch scratch on the interior plastic of the drivers side passenger door.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Finally got a replacement vehicle today. The exterior was perfect except for one small stone chip on the bumper. We won't even talk about the 4 inch scratch on the interior plastic of the drivers side passenger door.
Ah, well, good then. Sorry about the other scratch now, but hopefully you're set now!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.