Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the forum. Picking up my black granite metallic LTZ today. Will post some pics when i get the chance.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Hey guys new to the forum. Picking up my black granite metallic LTZ today. Will post some pics when i get the chance.
You're going to love it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good luck with your new purchase.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Hey Malibu Canuk, how did you change your headlights bulbs, I'm assuming that you changed it out to the PIAAs. Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
It was a real pain in the butt.You have to take half the car apart,it took at least 2 hours.Even had to unbolt the front fender to get at them,but it was worth it.I wouldn`t attempt this if your not skilled at this stuff,I had a pro do it for me that owed me one.Hey thanks foe asking.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sure no problem.These Piaa`s are the Extreme White Plus model # 15211 55w=110w at 4000 K they are more white than stock(yellow tint)with just a very slight blue tint,but much brighter and whiter than stock.But I tell you they are a real pain to install,had to take off the wheel-well and about 20 screws and bolts and clips and the top shroud over the rad and the air filter box on the passenger side and unbolt the fender to get to the light,it took a pro about 2 hours to install both,but I think it was worth the trouble.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You`ve got to be careful with these HID replacement kits,the lense on these cars are not made for these light s and don`t shine the light correctly,in other words they blind oncoming cars and also they are illegal so you could get a ticket.The Piaa bulbs I installed are legal in all 50 states ans Canada and they do a great job.I would suggest to think about it before you install HID plug and play kits,it`s a real pain to uninstall if you have to take them off later.Just my 2 cents worth.Good Luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How's the reliability on the PIAAs? im just worried if i put the time into putting them in, that they burn out in a year.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had Piaa`s in a Gran Prix and they had 2 years on them when I sold it and they were still going fine.It`s hard to say how long they last though.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I believe Malibooboo asked you a question recently! LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.