Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where did you get those mats? I want to get a pair. They look great!
Find them at:

http://www.weathertech.com/

They are the LINER system. They also have a floor MAT system. One is flat like the usual MAT.

One is the the LINER type as in the picture with the higher walls.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Find them at:

http://www.weathertech.com/

They are the LINER system. They also have a floor MAT system. One is flat like the usual MAT.

One is the the LINER type as in the picture with the higher walls.
Any trimming to install? The last set of Weathertechs I had in my RSX were "laser cut" specifically for my car, but still had to be trimmed upon install.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any trimming to install? The last set of Weathertechs I had in my RSX were "laser cut" specifically for my car, but still had to be trimmed upon install.
Not a bit. Dropped in to my LT2 perfectly. On the drivers side there is that little tab to hold the carpets in place. The weathertechs have a little indentation for that to fit in. It didnt really go up through it like the carpets. Anyway I didnt use it.

The Weathertech inserts dont really need to be "held" in place. They cant creep like the flat carpets or mats since they are bowl like shaped and fit up into the sides of the floor system.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for putting up the pix. I put the weathertechs in my RAV4, and I see the set for the Malibu has the same problem that bothers me on the RAV. The first picture shows the dead pedal only 1/3 covered by the mat. I use the dead pedal a lot (I'm 6' 4") and my shoes get the carpet on that portion all dirty. Since the Malibu mats don't protect the carpet up there either, I dont think I'll be ordering them for this car :(

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for putting up the pix. I put the weathertechs in my RAV4, and I see the set for the Malibu has the same problem that bothers me on the RAV. The first picture shows the dead pedal only 1/3 covered by the mat. I use the dead pedal a lot (I'm 6' 4") and my shoes get the carpet on that portion all dirty. Since the Malibu mats don't protect the carpet up there either, I dont think I'll be ordering them for this car :(
I've never seen a set of mats or inserts that did cover the Entire dead mans pedal.

I guess you could get a piece of rubber and add it to the inserts with glue or something. Or take the insets out of the car and bolt a piece of plastic to the inserts to cover the pedal.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I've never seen a set of mats or inserts that did cover the Entire dead mans pedal.

I guess you could get a piece of rubber and add it to the inserts with glue or something. Or take the insets out of the car and bolt a piece of plastic to the inserts to cover the pedal.
Mr. Bill - They look amazing!!!! Thanks for the pics, definately something I want now.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Lord they're expensive...

I think I am going to purchase a set of the front row and the trunk liner >.>

EDIT:

I went ahead and purchased the trunk liner, and am awaiting ground delivery (up to 12 business days...a fair wait). I am excited about it, as I often throw random things into my trunk and am noticing some wear on the stock lining. I would really like not to have it worn out by this time next year. I am holding off on the actual front row liners until I find out if this winter will be a cold one or not.

Will post pics when it comes in :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
I went to the sight and it asks if how many posts are on the drivers floor mat. Mine has two, but apearantly they haven't built the two post liners yet as the drop down only had the 1 listed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I went to the sight and it asks if how many posts are on the drivers floor mat. Mine has two, but apearantly they haven't built the two post liners yet as the drop down only had the 1 listed.
I called Weathertech last week. Operator stated they will have the two post liners ready by the end of August.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I called Weathertech last week. Operator stated they will have the two post liners ready by the end of August.
Thanks that saved me a phone call!

·
Banned
175 Posts
People reading this thread are shopping for floor mats so perhaps my unfortunate experience with a another vendor might save others the grief i got from:

http://www.empirecovers.com/shop/floormats.aspx#detailsRubbertite

Shopping for custom car cover for my vette and discovered empirecovers also sells customized floor mats. To make a long story short ordered custom rubberite mats for my 09 Malibu and was highly displeased with the drivers side mat. There is a 10x 8 section in upper quadrant where the carpeting exposed. Just not interested in the hazzle of requesting a return authorization and spending a day waiting for FEDEX to pickup the return. So just eating their screwup. Stay away from Empirecovers. The supplier for my Empire mat was Lloyds Mats (sic). Perhaps the cutter just a had a bad day who knows. Think i will be shopping else where for my vette cover.

Just sad i didn't see this link before ordering from empirecovers.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Weathertech mats fit great I'm totally satified. I bought the digitalfit liners.
I had a fairly good experience at stratsautoextras.com they shipped in about 7 working days and shipping cost was very reasonable.

I'm going to get a cargo liner next. Has anyone seen the cargo liners they make?

-Mark

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.