Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I folded down the rear seat of my new 2009 Malibu for the first time today. I noticed two things. On both sides there is a little plastic thing wedged between the seat and the metal side of the car, and it's attached to the seat. Coming off of it is an elastic strap, attached to a loose plastic piece. It's on both sides. What is this?

The other thing I noticed is that the piece of padding towards the outside of the car (towards the door) that doesnt foodl down feels loose almost like it would pop off or something. It may not be like this when the seat is up, but Im not sure as I never tried, but it is definitely loose when the seat is folded down. Is this normal or should I have it looked at?

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
I folded down the rear seat of my new 2009 Malibu for the first time today. I noticed two things. On both sides there is a little plastic thing wedged between the seat and the metal side of the car, and it's attached to the seat. Coming off of it is an elastic strap, attached to a loose plastic piece. It's on both sides. What is this?
I think those are belt guides for shorter passengers so the the belt doesn't rub on their neck or something like that.

The other thing I noticed is that the piece of padding towards the outside of the car (towards the door) that doesnt foodl down feels loose almost like it would pop off or something. It may not be like this when the seat is up, but Im not sure as I never tried, but it is definitely loose when the seat is folded down. Is this normal or should I have it looked at?
You are correct they are a little loose, even if the back is up. That's ok though, I am sure it's normal. They won't fall off, there's a pretty big clip on top of the cushion that holds it + several metal tabs lower down, so it's actually pretty secure.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Those tabs are the belt guides for very short people. Very useful when you have a kid in the car as it keeps the shoulder belt from going across their neck.

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.