Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am hopefully going to be purchasing a 09 LTZ with 34k miles this weekend. Looks real nice and Carfax checks out. Dealer is asking $16,932 but would like to get them down to $16 even. Good price for these things? As far as I can tell it seems pretty fair. Thanks guys and hope to report back with a new Malibu next week.:)

·
Super Moderator
1,216 Posts
Does it have the V6?

·
Banned
2,089 Posts
Good price for these things?
Check KBB and NADA. Seems a little high to me.

Carfax is over-rated. Many things don't get reported there.
You would be ahead to ask for the service records where it was last owned.

Are they offering any extended warranty ?
The factory BTB is about to expire.

Do a THOROUGH inspection, inside and out and under,
Do an extended test drive......freeway and in town; be sure to find a rough road.
Check to be sure all the "goodies" work BEFORE you sign on the dotted line.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes sorry, it does have the v6. Looks like it spent most of its life 23k in Rochester, MI (the state where it was built) which I am not that trilled about. Interested to see how the underside looks since they get lots of snow there. I am going to try and get service records before I make the 2 hr trip to see it/test drive it. I think the BTB warranty has or is right about to expire so I should be able to see if they can offer anything. I believe they do have lifetime powertrain warranties on all used cars they sell, not for sure. Looks like KBB and NADA say retail price is $20,000.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
So I am hopefully going to be purchasing a 09 LTZ with 34k miles this weekend. Looks real nice and Carfax checks out. Dealer is asking $16,932 but would like to get them down to $16 even. Good price for these things? As far as I can tell it seems pretty fair. Thanks guys and hope to report back with a new Malibu next week.:)
If you have not done so already, visit the Kelly Blue Book site or the NADA site to look into the estimated value of the vehicle. This should help you in regards to the pricing of the Malibu you are looking at.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Banned
2,089 Posts
Looks like KBB and NADA say retail price is $20,000.
Before you pull the trigger on that one have a look at NEW prices.......especially left over 2011s if there are any.

With an OLD trade and the factory incentives, I got mine new last year for a little over $18K.......and that was without dickering with the dealer over HIS profit margin.

The way the market is right now, new can end up being a better deal than lightly used.........especially if the used one has little or no warranty left.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
MalibuKen
Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Chevy Malibu Forum is the best place for owners of the sedan to connect with the community and discuss MPG, mods, and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing