Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all on this forum.

Just wanted to introduce myself and get some feedback.

I'm a die-hard GM enthusiast, and currently drive a 2006 Impala LT3 with the 3.9 V6. To date, this is the best car I've ever owned. It has every option except the Bose speakers and CD changer.

My SmartBuy will be up in early 2010, but the last time I was at my dealer for an oil change, I saw the new Malibu up close inside and out for the first time. It was only the 1LT model, but it was beautiful and impressive in blue with the black interior and chrome wheels. Since then, I've seen an LTZ in the Wal-Mart parking lot, and several LS's as well.

I was thinking ahead for what would be the best "bang for the buck" replacement for my current Impala, and a new Malibu is one of my choices.

My favorite would be the LTZ 6 cyl., but I really don't like either of the interior color combinations. (Ebony/Brick is ghastly in person and in pics-wouldn't take it if it was free-no offense to owners of that color). I would probably go for the LT2 6 cyl, as the interior and wheels are nicer IMO than the LTZ. The lack of fog lights would be disappointing, though.

The choices that I'm considering are as follows:
Malibu LT2/LTZ (if other interior colors become available)
End of the line 2010 Impala SS
End of the line 2010 Lucerne
New style LaCrosse/Invicta/Regal or whatever they will name it
Possible early 2011 revised Impala?

I like decent sized cars, and my only must-haves are heated leather seats, sunroof, and nice wheels. I only drive around 9,500 miles/year, so I won't sacrifice power for a couple extra MPG's, and I like as many options/features that my budget will allow. (maximum 30k otd bottom line after rebates/GM card allowance).

I'll be eagerly perusing this forum to check out Malibus and to see owner's reactions to them, especially after the first few months of ownership.

I love to talk about GM cars, both old and new, so I hope I can join in even though I don't have a new Malibu in my garage. (I do have two classic ones-a 1969 Malibu convertible and a 1972 4-door sedan-I'll try to post pics sometime).

Thanks for checking out this post.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Welcome to the board, I've had my LTZ for a month now and wouldn't consider anything else, this car is fantastic, Mine is White with the cocoa and cashmere interior and I love it ;)

·
Registered
701 Posts
pburiak - Welcome to the forum!

You have to post pics of your beauties now!!!!

Well, I think you will find this forum filled with people who love their Bu's!!! Not much "bad" has been said about them, and generally everyone is great!!!

Hopefully our power's of persuasion will be strong and we can convert you also. We have already been blamed by another member for them buying their Bu! LOL

Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.