Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2004 Chevy Malibu. The door locks do not work on the interior. I didn't get a key fob with the car so I can't use it. I've checked the fuses they're fine I've even scraped the blades to make sure they're clean. The wiring appears to be fine the light that is beneath the power lock buttons are lit up. It even locks and unlocks like it's supposed to with the parking gear. I'm out of ideas of what to try next. Can anybody help me?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,457 Posts
Since the locks work, check both lock buttons. They can be removed, carefully disassembled, serviced, and reinstalled. When taking a switch apart, unsnap the button (top) from the terminals (bottom), but only just enough to keep the snaps from coming back together. Then make sure the bottom is facing down and slowly lift the top off. Pay attention to the little rocker contact inside, as well as the spring (if there is one).

You will probably find pitted contacts, corrosion, or something else stopping the switch(es) from working.

Plug the bottom into the harness, then insert the moving contact and see if the locks start working. If not, then it's time to start tracing the wires back to the BCM. You should do that only after getting a wiring diagram. AllData DIY probably has them, but it's a paid subscription service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.