Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchase a 2013 Chevy from a family member (with only 35,000 miles!) and I started noticing an interment check engine light. After checking the codes I am getting P0AC4 - Hybrid Powertrain Control Module Requested MIL Illumination, and P262B - Control Module Power Off Timer Performance. After searching the interwebs, I am coming up stumped. Does the P262B cause the hybrid system to call for a CEC? Thoughts?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Do you still have access to the original owner? Can you inquire about any recent repairs or any on-going issues the previous owner had with the vehicle.

The first code is kind of generic in that it is just saying "something" went wrong with the Hybrid PCM which caused Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) to illuminate. Usually there would be other codes within this module associated with this more general error code. Do you recall if the P262B code was listed in this same PCM module?

Unfortunately, there is not a lot of information here to be of much help, but, as a guess, it would sound as though you may have lost power or communication with one of the ODB modules in your car. And given that you said this vehicle has been lighting the check engine light intermittently, it may be some sort of short or bad connection issue. Could also be possible that the previous owner replaced the PCM with a used part and didn't bother to have it reprogrammed - or the PCM is just gone bad on you.

I guess I would start by checking for good connection at the battery terminals, including checking the battery cable connection where it connects to the body at the driver's side wheel well. Also visually check all your wiring harnesses for obvious wear and or breaks. Also, pull the connectors from the PCM/ECM and look for any signs of corrosion or dirt which may be causing a bad connection (NOTE: you probably want to disconnect the negative cable from the battery before you do this part). If worse comes to worse, replace your PCM with the OEM AC Delco replacement part - looks to be about $150.

Also collect as much info as you can from the previous owner if you can - were they having this same problem? Had they recently had any repairs done on the vehicle, etc.

Also, I don't have any knowledge re OnStar's ability to scan your vehicle. If it happens again, you may want to have your vehicle scanned with a proper meter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.