Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Just got my 09' Malibu on March 14th, 2009. My previous car was a 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser w/ 105,000miles. On March 7 2009, the power steering fluid had a leak and something ignited it to make my engine a piece of charcoal. Since the day after it burned down I was hooked on the Malibu...The design of the car, the ride, the interior (I'm 6'6 and need a lot of room), and then the warranty. I'd be stupid not to get a Malibu. I was opening my options to a G6 and a Saturn Aura, but in the end I stuck with the Malibu :p.

I've been an avid forum poster on a PT Cruiser forum, and hope I can contribute as much as I can here.

I got a couple pics of my old car (Burnt up) and a couple of my new!

Before/After of engine in 01' PT Cruiser

Brand New, 09' Malibu!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Good choice! I think you'll like the new Malibu although you might miss the hauling capabilty of the PT. I used to drive an '02 PT and even with a stick, it was a gutless wonder on the open road. Driving out to Vegas one time, I remember trying to keep up with the 80mph traffic and having to keep it floored on all those long up hill grades and still losing speed. The aerodynamic shape of the PT must have not been too good or perhaps it just needed more engine.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The PT was horrible on gas....I drive 40mins to the airport 5x/week and I was averaging ~20mpg on the highway going 70mph. I've been driving this for 2 days and I've been getting an average of like 28mpg. It's awesome, that's the one thing I won't miss about the PT...the fuel economy.

Hauling in the PT never happened, so it shouldn't be an issue with the Malibu.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love that Blue, welcome ucantcme. Are you any relation to our member "In the shadows"? :D
Love the blue myself! Nope...no relation to anyone in this forum :p

·
Registered
20 Posts
New member here. Sorry about the bbq. I have an 09 Malibu LTZ. The manufacture screwed up and did not install chrome handles on the passenger side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.