Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just picked up a 2008 Malibu LTZ 4 cyl with 6 speed on June 20th. They salesman and his approving manager gave me 1000.00 bonus cash for owning a 1999 or newer GM product. I told them there was only Conquest cash but I needed the car price to come down and they wanted a sale. Today I get a call from the head guy at the dealer saying there was a mistake and asked if I had a 1999 or newer 'non-GM' product listed for my address. I said I do not and told him the salesman was aware of this. I actually had to drive in Saturday to let them make a copy of my 2003 Tahoe registration.

What the heck is going on here? I do not believe this is my problem. Do they have any recourse as all paperwork was signed on June 2oth. They are a friendly dealer obviously trying to cover their butts with GM but I am worried they will try something. What if anything should I be worried about. I have to actually go their tomorrow anyway to drop off a USAA check since I am refinancing with a better rate.

Cheers,

Jeff

·
Registered
171 Posts
Shouldn't be any problem in my opinion if it is signed, sealed and delivered!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input. I agree and hope this is the case...just annoying a bit as I am trying to enjoy the gem.

Jeff

·
Registered
171 Posts
If they try anything I would not go down without a fight especially if I did sign papers...it becomes their problem to work out on the books not yours!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Jeff...

Sorry to hear about your troubles....Maybe it would be worth a call to a lawyer just to see what possible ramifications the dealer may be trying.

Sad that they are "spoiling" the enjoyment of your new ride. It would be my understanding that if everything was signed sealed and delivered than it is a binding contract. Maybe have a quick read through your signed paperwork and see if there are any loop holes the dealer may be trying to exploite.

Hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right now there is only 1,000.00 Conquest Cash available...so they made a mistake. I talked to a friend at another Chevy dealer and he told me it is the dealers problem now:eek:
If you have a 2003 Tahoe, wouldn't that county for your GM loyalty cash? I'm confused....

·
Registered
701 Posts
Jeff...

Way to double check....At least now you have more info and can tell your dealer he is SOL.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I did pretty good on the price. ended up after tax, title, tags etc $26,109.06. Only option not in it is the V6.

Jeff...

Way to double check....At least now you have more info and can tell your dealer he is SOL.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had the same thing happen when I bought our '07 Saturn Outlook XR. The added incentive they thought was available was not. I had the deal in writing and we both had signed it. They did the right thing and stood behind it and admitted they made a mistake that cost them $1,000 and sold me the car.

Hopefully your dealer will (or did) also.

Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.