Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the key fob be programmed/reprogrammed without having to take to the dealer? I had the car almost 2 years & have neglected the 🔑 fob ...Giving me only 1 key acces the drivers door🤦🏾‍♂️🤣🤣

·
Registered
47 Posts
Can the key fob be programmed/reprogrammed without having to take to the dealer? I had the car almost 2 years & have neglected the 🔑 fob ...Giving me only 1 key acces the drivers door🤦🏾‍♂️🤣🤣
...Technically yes. Though you will have to buy some third-party tool to program it. These cars can't be put into fob-pairing mode without having a dealer-level scanner, or one of these third-party tools. Do some searching around on amazon and make sure they support pairing key fobs of your particular model number.

I had a 2010 1LT with remote start option and I'm pretty sure I used this and it worked for me to pair two remotes when I previously had none.

it will vary if you have/don't have remote start as the fobs are different with different part numbers.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
15 Posts

I have a 09 malibu and both of my fobs finally gave out. I bought these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KTIR1ZU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
when they arrived all i did was take the old chip from the old fob and put it into the new one and it worked. No programming was needed and all buttons work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts