Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from the great state of Minnesota,

First off, I don't know how I've gone over 5 months of owning an 08 Malibu without hearing about this site. After only a quick 20 minutes of cruisin' the boards, I've already picked up some great ideas for my new Malibu.

I traded my 03 Bonneville SE for a 2008 Dark Grey Metallic LTZ this past June. It was a dealer 'bu with 9500 miles on it. I got a good deal from Merit Chev here in Oakdale. I've been in love ever since. Unfortunately, it didn't come with the sunroof or the rear power package. However, the discount upfront due to the miles was well worth it. It came with the Cocoa/Cashmere interior. Initially I was a fan of the Ebony/Brick combo (especially on the Black 'bus) but I think I would grow sick of that combo.

I just put my order in for the WeatherTech Floor Liners for the front seats as Minnesota winters will wreak havoc on your carpet (not to mention the outside!) My next step is to go to the dealer tomorrow and have them put on some Splash Guards.

I'd post some pictures but I wouldn't be doing my Malibu justice as it's been snowing and sloppy here for the past two months.

Anyways, thanks ahead of time for all of the insight in the world of Malibu!

-Adam

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, mine's a 2008 LTZ, the dark gray metallic with cocoa cashmere....the 2009s don't have as many combinations as the 08's did. I don't know why that is, the cocoa/cashmere is much nicer in my opinion.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rest assured I will post pictures of my hopefully one of a kind Malibu. We're getting about 8 inches of snow here today and I'm not up for braving the elements, vaccuuming up the interior, and getting 'er all ready for the big show yet.

I'm really curious to see what others have to say about my combo. It's either a misprint in the brochure or mine was made special for the demo in Detroit.

·
Registered
237 Posts
My first thread on this site was about this very freeking car!!!__I'd found a Kelley's Blue Book video review of the '08 Malibu on YouTube.It's in the 'General Discussion' section under the title 'What the Bleeeep!!!?'....The only Gray with cocoa/cashmere I've seen._Maybe yours?:cool:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If mine is a true 1/1, let the bidding begin! My first choice was black exterior but wasn't a huge fan of the Ebony/Brick, especially all of the 'Brick' on the dash. OH well

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
If mine is a true 1/1, let the bidding begin! My first choice was black exterior but wasn't a huge fan of the Ebony/Brick, especially all of the 'Brick' on the dash. OH well
There's another member here with one, but as it was never an offered combo, it's interesting that a couple do exist--for whatever reason and how. Special builds of some sort.

Too bad, because it's a combo that should be offered on the regular list but isn't.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Beach...I think you might referring to the old '...bleeeep' post....Remember.We spent days going over what the deal was with this car that shouldn't be._(How's the white 'Bu fairing with it's shake?)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.