Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a simple guy when it comes to modifying the visual part of a car.

And for this new one I plan on doing the following....

1. Darken Windows

2. Chrome Pillers

---

3. Can anyone tell me how to achieve the chrome look that some modded Chrysler 300 side mirrors have?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm not certain I know what you mean, but if it's a chromed exterior mirror housing, the usual method of changing that part of the appearance is some sort of replacement housing or stick-on cover that goes over the factory housings. I haven't really looked into this for cars (or even ran into it before), but it's a pretty commonly available thing for truck modders.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Chrome mirrors???? Hmmm....Wonder what that would look like.

by the way - Pizza Man did the chrome pillars and it turned out really nice. There is a thread in here with pictures.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, thanks.

And yeah, I meant the chrome housing.

like this one...

Besides the wheels and grill I think it looks hot. I'm looking to make the similar changes on mine besides the chrome and wheels of course :cool:

·
Registered
33 Posts
the pillars are a snap and you can find em all over ebay and the net

the housings I havent seen yet...but I also haven't really looked...im sure they will pop up sometime soon

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yup, thanks.

And yeah, I meant the chrome housing.

like this one...

Besides the wheels and grill I think it looks hot. I'm looking to make the similar changes on mine besides the chrome and wheels of course :cool:
WTF IS UP WITH THAT GRILL?!?!?! Who lied to this dude and told him it looks good?

People...when you lie to your friends about something looking good when it really doesn't...ur just hurting the enviroment.

HELP STOP VISUAL POLLUTION! JUST SAY NO TO BLING.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WTF IS UP WITH THAT GRILL?!?!?! Who lied to this dude and told him it looks good?

People...when you lie to your friends about something looking good when it really doesn't...ur just hurting the enviroment.

HELP STOP VISUAL POLLUTION! JUST SAY NO TO BLING.

Yup, minus the Grill and Wheels it looks real good.

And yeah, I found the Malibu 2008 pillars on a website for about 100.

I know they just snap on but I want to get my windows tinted before I do that. Trying to save money :mad:

·
Registered
701 Posts
In The Shadows - PM Pizza Man - He ordered some recently and was overall pleased although if memory serves correctly he wishes they were about a 1/4" longer.

There should be a thread in here (Modifications Section) about them.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's the link to the Chrome Pillar posts, DOACanada mentioned.

Mine didn't snap on. They're applied with 3M double-sided adhesive.

Yeah, I saw that. It looks exactly how I want it. You say they applied it with 3M double-sided abhesive, that sounds better than just snapping it on because that way seems more secure do you agree?

Did you just order the pillars and ask a car dealership to apply them? Or did you order different pillars than the normal snap on ones?

I am going to order the chrome pillars either this week or next week I believe.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Yeah, I saw that. It looks exactly how I want it. You say they applied it with 3M double-sided abhesive, that sounds better than just snapping it on because that way seems more secure do you agree?
I feel the double sided tape is the only way to go for longevity. I went thru a car wash with to trouble. I wish they wrapped the pillar to aid the positioning process. Once these puppies are put on you'll need to crowbar to remove them. I ordered them from e-bay for about $55. The seller is always listed there.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I feel the double sided tape is the only way to go for longevity. I went thru a car wash with to trouble. I wish they wrapped the pillar to aid the positioning process. Once these puppies are put on you'll need to crowbar to remove them. I ordered them from e-bay for about $55. The seller is always listed there.

Gotchu.

I'll be getting these soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.