Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Does your car's rubber lining look like my pictures?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hii
So I was at lunch today staring at my sexy car and while I was preparing to sound the alarm after a homeless man decided to turn it into his couch, I noticed that there was a piece of rubber hanging out and I never noticed that before.. I'm going to TRY attaching some photos for y'all to look at.. I want to make sure that's what it's supposed to look like.. thanks!

P.S. Sorry if this doesn't make sense I'm watching Family Guy and getting mixed up LOL

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You mean it's not supposed to look like that?!!?!? I HATE goign to the dealerships!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Wait, those flappy guards...they're not supposed to look like that? Mine do...

Would I also suggest a car wash? There's no better way than to share quality time with the sexiest asset in your life than scrubbing her down with soap and washing her off with nice cold water - straight from the hose.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why the hell do all of my cars have missing bolts? On my cobalt the two rear wheel wells or w/e were missing too!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wait, those flappy guards...they're not supposed to look like that? Mine do...

Would I also suggest a car wash? There's no better way than to share quality time with the sexiest asset in your life than scrubbing her down with soap and washing her off with nice cold water - straight from the hose.
LOL it's not as dirty as it seems.. the paint is just really shiny.. and our house is under renovation once again so the driveway is just all VERY dirty.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I live in the boonies...bug splats everywhere. Tomorrow is my day off from school, so I think me and the baby will spend some time in the driveway if it's not too windy.

My back wheel arch, passenger's side, had a plastic paneling bolt popping in and out of the socket very often (the piece that holds the plastic to the metal). Today was walking around the car talking to the dealership about purchasing trunk nets and to have an AC buzzing noise looked at, and I noticed it was no longer there. I guess it finally came out :eek: I kept popping it in, and always forgot to mention it to the dealer. My fault now, I guess.

Anyone else had this problem in the wheel wells?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had about 35 bolts added to my Cobalt before I traded it in.. all over the car.. good ol' American Reliability!

I still love my Malibu though

Tomorrow's my day off from school too! Meet me at Starbucks :p

·
Registered
293 Posts
Sure will, the one on Main Street sounds good, at 4? :cool: You have to pay though, my student's salary is so depleted I cannot afford Starbucks. I tried McDonald's and nearly chucked it back at the cashier.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No I don't like the Main Street one we're going to the one on Shrewsbury Street since they're closing it. Everything from McDonald's tastes like diarrhea

·
Registered
293 Posts
I don't know where the Shrewsberry Street one is...oh well, I'll ask OnStar!

I am going in to the dealer on Thursday. I'll ask about the hanging rubber on our front ends and if it is normal or not. I noticed it the first day I had the car and thought nothing of it until you pointed it out. It does seem to be off-alignment and flabby.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was comparing it to my Dad's Cadillac STS... I know the cars are nothing alike but I figured it was just a GM thing to have that rubber down thurr.

Pizza Man I'm gonna need a nice pepperoni pizza please.. delivery + no tip.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Nothing alike? Yeah...aside from being boats on wheels...not much.

I must say, the only thing Cadillac has out now that grabs my attention is the new CTS, especially since they have a stick-shift V8 coming out next year (which Cadillac needs more V8s, and lesser of the 4cyl and fewer V6s, most that want Cadillacs want the power of a luxury car. The C300 and most of Mercedes-Benz and BMW still pack 8's in their luxury cars and they can't keep them on the lot. Mom my even turned down purchasing a CTS as her last vehicle because it had no V8 option).

Back on topic before Pizza Man gets in here to deliver us some more than just half pepperoni and half cheese: I will keep you guys updated; expect a post on Thursday about my findings.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lmao okay sounds good.

Where's the I-4 Cadillac? HMM?!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's good but I see a burnt pepperoni! LOL jk it's perfect thanks no tip though!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.