Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am the new owner of a slightly used 2020 Malibu LT. I have a question concerning the wireless charging slot as pictured below.

Vehicle Car

I have an iPhone XR (case removed) and have not been able to get a charge using this slot. I have put the phone facing front and backward, both right side up and upside down with no luck.
Is this slot something that should be equipped for all Malibu LT's or could it simply be for looks only (sorry if a dumb question)

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
4,245 Posts
The 2020 LT isn't equipped with wireless charging. It used to be available in the LT and Hybrid but in 2019+ became standard on the Premier only.

·
Registered
2019 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid
22 Posts
I have the same slot in my 2019 that owners manual says could be a wireless charger. My iPhone doesn't except wireless charging but I have tried one that does and it didn't work either. I think its an option that I didn't get. I do like the slot anyway and use it often.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I am the new owner of a slightly used 2020 Malibu LT. I have a question concerning the wireless charging slot as pictured below.

View attachment 69353

I have an iPhone XR (case removed) and have not been able to get a charge using this slot. I have put the phone facing front and backward, both right side up and upside down with no luck.
Is this slot something that should be equipped for all Malibu LT's or could it simply be for looks only (sorry if a dumb question)
Not a dumb question. Took me awhile to find an answer to our question. Wireless charging is standard in the premier edition...only. Not sure why we got a slot...but we did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts