Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Malibu Maxx LS
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So do I need to remove this huge bezel to remove the lower climate panel? The resister switch for cold/ hot is wanky & wants to do what it wants! 04 Malibu maxx LS. I can turn the temp to hot & then back to cold & AC is freezing. Then it seems to go back to what it wants to do when I restart so it’s whacked,
LS AFBD0A2A-F464-490D-A4C5-A769752D91AA.jpeg

·
Registered
869 Posts
I myself dont know for sure, but it looks like fiddleing with a small dental tool.... or possibly there are little tabs that need to be pressed and it will kinda pop off.

Unless there are visable screws somewhere around the side in each footwell

Reactions: mpharns

·
Registered
2004 Malibu Maxx LS
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I myself dont know for sure, but it looks like fiddleing with a small dental tool.... or possibly there are little tabs that need to be pressed and it will kinda pop off.

Unless there are visable screws somewhere around the side in each footwell
I tried that -carefully - yesterday… no way it’s coming out like that!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, you have to take out the complete radio/middle vent bezel.

This requires removing the glove box and lower drivers dash panel to get to the screws behind them, then you have full access to the radio and climate control panel. This is one of the more difficult dash bezels to remove on a older GM vehicle. It must be the SAAB influence!

·
Registered
2004 Malibu Maxx LS
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, you have to take out the complete radio/middle vent bezel.

This requires removing the glove box and lower drivers dash panel to get to the screws behind them, then you have full access to the radio and climate control panel. This is one of the more difficult dash bezels to remove on a older GM vehicle. It must be the SAAB influence!
Oh my, I was afraid of that!😳 Ordinarily, I wouldn’t mind, I like challenges like this on cars, but getting up there with a major back issue I just don’t know 🤣
I saw a YouTube video & the dude started by removing a 7mm bolt near the drivers door & I thought,nah wrong video. Turns out it’s the same as you’re saying.
Thanks much- I’ll be back😊

1 - 5 of 5 Posts