Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY battery died and I got a jump now my radio doesn't work. The fuses are fine. This is the second battery replacement I have had in this car. one year ago I had my headlights change at the dealership, :confused::eek:now one has blown again...Could this have anything to do with the automatic started I had installed. Does anyone know the cost o fix the radio or is it best to just buy one from best buy and have it installed

·
Registered
426 Posts
MY battery died and I got a jump now my radio doesn't work. The fuses are fine. This is the second battery replacement I have had in this car. one year ago I had my headlights change at the dealership, :confused::eek:now one has blown again...Could this have anything to do with the automatic started I had installed. Does anyone know the cost o fix the radio or is it best to just buy one from best buy and have it installed
Wrong forum.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,682 Posts
Moved from Gen8 forum...

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,682 Posts
If your headlights have gone out in just 1 year check to see if they installed "LL" (long life) bulbs like they come stock or if they used an inferior product, or if you had them install SilverStar Ultras. The LL will last a good long time but the SSU tend to go about a year.

I get more life from mine due to a modification I made to the DRLs. They now use the turn signals instead of the low beams.

Not sure what to say about the radio issue. Who hooked up the jumper cables? Was the ground attached at the battery or the engine block? How much sparking was there? Did the aftermarket remote start get installed just before the radio started having issues or has it been awhile?

We need a little more info that what you've provided.

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
The radio is logic locked most likely. Happens more on Pontiacs for some reason from my experience. With the key off, disconnect both battery cables and hold them together for a few minutes. Reconnect the cables and see if it works. If not you need to replace the radio most likely.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wrong forum.
If your headlights have gone out in just 1 year check to see if they installed "LL" (long life) bulbs like they come stock or if they used an inferior product, or if you had them install SilverStar Ultras. The LL will last a good long time but the SSU tend to go about a year.

I get more life from mine due to a modification I made to the DRLs. They now use the turn signals instead of the low beams.

Not sure what to say about the radio issue. Who hooked up the jumper cables? Was the ground attached at the battery or the engine block? How much sparking was there? Did the aftermarket remote start get installed just before the radio started having issues or has it been awhile?

We need a little more info that what you've provided.
well its been about 15 months for the headlights and the auto starter...but my battery had died when I was cleaning my car out I got a jump, then the next day I needed another jump hen I was driving and the locks were going up and down then the radio just shut completely down.....:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.