Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2014 Chevy Malibu. Just had to jump start my car this morning because it would appear that the radio stays on ignition off no key in ignition and driver door opened. (Normally under the afformentioned conditions the radio and display shut off) Radio display is also black not dim black as in off or no display. Volume and power on/off button appear to work but I can't do much else. I checked my door ajar sensor and it is working my link is working. no codes present. I have 2 batteries both do not hold surface charge but with car running both charge to 14.5v (yes I need to replace my batteries but won't do much good to do that until I find the cause of this drain. I would appreciate any help thank you.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,858 Posts
Replacing the battery/ies could be the whole solution. Wouldn't be the first time.

·
Banned
2015 Chevrolet Malibu LT 1LT, 2.5L DOHC Ecotec, 6-speed Auto
109 Posts
Replacing the battery/ies could be the whole solution. Wouldn't be the first time.
+1 to this. If the batteries are not holding a charge, once the car is off, it does not matter that the radio is staying on with the door opened.

A bad battery is a bad battery, and should be replaced. Fixing the radio will do nothing, if the batteries are not keeping their charge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.