Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 2008 Chev Malibu that I sent out to have an interior detail. When I went to pick the car up at the detail shop the radio was not working.
It does eject and take in the cd but nothing else. So there is some voltage just no sound and no display.

I checked the fuses under the hood, in the passage compartment and the truck and I cannot find any issues with the fuses.

Something else I noticed is the sound for the Blinker, seatbelt, and low fuel is no longer the car is very interior quiet.

The detail shop told me they had nothing to do with it and they contacted a local aftermarket stereo shop who stated that he believes there is some sort of re-call or warranty with the radio.

Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong with the radio or were else to look, or if there may be a recall.

Thank you for your help very frustrated
Steve Prior

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
I just had this happen to me. I know this is old, but did you have any luck?
Any work done to the vehicle when this happened? You can try pulling the radio fuse in the BCM fuse block (right side of center console) with the key off, pull the fuse for a minute or two and reinstall it. May get lucky and the radio logic locked. Your CD player accepts and ejects CD's but no display? If not, make sure the radio fuse is good when you pull it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any work done to the vehicle when this happened? You can try pulling the radio fuse in the BCM fuse block (right side of center console) with the key off, pull the fuse for a minute or two and reinstall it. May get lucky and the radio logic locked. Your CD player accepts and ejects CD's but no display? If not, make sure the radio fuse is good when you pull it.
Yeah I have checked all fuses. The radio is dead to the world as it doesn't do anything but stay silent and black..:( Unless there is a fuse thats in the dash behind the radio or something I fear the worst. 40,000 miles and this happens, nice. I'm suppose to bring it in this morning but I know they'll rape me cash wise. If I knew the radio was actually dead, I'd buy one on ebay and put it in myself.

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
Yeah I have checked all fuses. The radio is dead to the world as it doesn't do anything but stay silent and black..:( Unless there is a fuse thats in the dash behind the radio or something I fear the worst. 40,000 miles and this happens, nice. I'm suppose to bring it in this morning but I know they'll rape me cash wise. If I knew the radio was actually dead, I'd buy one on ebay and put it in myself.
You're not that far out of factory warranty. If the dealer tells you it needs a radio, ask them if they'll goodwill it or split the cost, like they supply the radio, you pay the labor to put it in. The dealer is allowed to do such things but they are not required to do so. If that gets you nowhere, call Chevrolet Customer Assistance at 1-800-222-1020 and see if they can assist you. Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
Hi,
I have a 2008 Chev Malibu that I sent out to have an interior detail. When I went to pick the car up at the detail shop the radio was not working.
It does eject and take in the cd but nothing else. So there is some voltage just no sound and no display.

I checked the fuses under the hood, in the passage compartment and the truck and I cannot find any issues with the fuses.

Something else I noticed is the sound for the Blinker, seatbelt, and low fuel is no longer the car is very interior quiet.

The detail shop told me they had nothing to do with it and they contacted a local aftermarket stereo shop who stated that he believes there is some sort of re-call or warranty with the radio.

Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong with the radio or were else to look, or if there may be a recall.

Thank you for your help very frustrated
Steve Prior
Hi did u figure it out I have a 2009 doing the same thing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.