Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got the recall notice for the tranny and will be taking it in to the dealership. I am also having a little problem with my radio. The #3 preset doesn't work as well as the others. It may take 2 or 3 times of me pushing the button before it will select the channel.

Now the question is, do you think this will require a new radio, and if so, what are the chances of getting a new one w/ bluetooth and USB port? (This is a LT1 by the way)

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
The dealership will probably take your radio out and have it repaired. Thats what they did when I worked for car dealers. Of coarse that was 20yrs ago, so it might be different now.

·
Registered
438 Posts
So I finally got the recall notice for the tranny and will be taking it in to the dealership. I am also having a little problem with my radio. The #3 preset doesn't work as well as the others. It may take 2 or 3 times of me pushing the button before it will select the channel.

Now the question is, do you think this will require a new radio, and if so, what are the chances of getting a new one w/ bluetooth and USB port? (This is a LT1 by the way)
You should ask. If this works, my radio will soon have a malfunction of epic proportions.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts

They will probably have a MASS guy come over and simply replace the radio. That's how it happened when I had some issues with it.

Chances of getting a USB/bluetooth radio are most likely zero. The bluetooth radios work with the new version of OnStar (I think ver 8) and older ones are for the previous version.

·
Registered
438 Posts
They will probably have a MASS guy come over and simply replace the radio. That's how it happened when I had some issues with it.

Chances of getting a USB/bluetooth radio are most likely zero. The bluetooth radios work with the new version of OnStar (I think ver 8) and older ones are for the previous version.
I have a 2009 2LT. wouldnt it be using the newest OnStar? I hope I can swap out for the new radio.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
I have a 2009 2LT. wouldnt it be using the newest OnStar? I hope I can swap out for the new radio.
If memory serves it was a mid-year change. Probably you would already have that radio if your OnStar was ver 8.

There's a way to find out....I think you need to press and hold the phone button (or something like that, not 100% sure) and it will tell you.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a 2009 LTZ I bought in March. The radio had a huge scratch across it. They had to replace it. They would NOT put in the new one with USB...

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have a 2009 LTZ I bought in March. The radio had a huge scratch across it. They had to replace it. They would NOT put in the new one with USB...
The question is would not or can not. If they can't then there is nothing to discuss. If they wont, then we could do it ourselves, or surely pay them extra to do it at a dealership separate from a repair/replacement under warranty.

I am fairly positive my OnStar is new because it does the turn by turn navigation.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
The question is would not or can not. If they can't then there is nothing to discuss. If they wont, then we could do it ourselves, or surely pay them extra to do it at a dealership separate from a repair/replacement under warranty.

I am fairly positive my OnStar is new because it does the turn by turn navigation.
Turn-by-turn navigation may work on ver. 7.

Press and hold the phone button, if it says ver. 8 you're good, otherwise it cannot be upgraded.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That #3 Radio button is the same with my Radio! I have a 2009. I find that if I just push it it does not work. When I push it down hard it works! Anyone else with this?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Pushing the phone button did nothing for me, but I called in to OnStar and it's version. I thought all of the 2009's were ver. 8.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.