Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't seem to tune the radio to high station numbers such as 400, 700 etc...Is this a Sirius problem...or is my radio just too old to tune to those stations. TIA

·
Registered
216 Posts
Are you sure your subscription for that particular radio includes those stations? If it doesn't then you shouldn't have access to the stations.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Streaming online and with ROKU with the high end stations...just can't seem to tune that high with the Malibu

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,637 Posts
If you have the stock dot matrix double-DIN HU then it may be limited as to which channels it can tune.

A little history:
Before I bought my first Malibu, a 2009, I had already been enjoying Sirius satellite radio with no commercials. At that time they offered a lifetime subscription. After quite a bit of thinking and number-crunching I decided to get it. Some time later they merged with XM and are now SiriusXM. Eventually they rearranged all of their channels so that the Sirius-only and XM-only tuners were synchronized. My first tuner had some issues so I bought the Onyx tuner last year and paid $75 to transfer my subscription to it.

Currently, SiriusXM is not allowing free access to their channels like they sometimes do. The highest channel I can tune on my Onyx is 470.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never heard of Onyx tuner until your post. That wouldn't solve my problem since i'm looking at stations in the 700 range (743 specifically)........My stock radio just will not tune to the range i want. Sounds as though the Onyx would greatly add to selection possibilities.....Will probably call SiriusXM and post back their answer. Don't drive much...mostly streaming and ROKUing.....so not that big of a deal....

Thanks for your post and info

As a side note if owners are leery of Sirius because of pricing....since 2009...have been renewing my subscription @ 6 or 7 bucks a month for 6 month period..."special offer" to customers....the only downside you can only get 6 months....and your must call to cancel or renew......If you don't they will renew at the regular rate on a monthly basis.....which is much steeper......best bet is to request paper invoice....(2 buck charge)...just don't let them get your credit card number.....in case you don't remember to call to cancel or renew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts