Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all.

I hate golfing in the rain so I spent the day in the garage. My Imperial Blue Malibu had a nice factory shine but I knew I could make it better.

I found two small paint flaws and one tiny scratch while preparing for a couple of layers of Z2. The flaws were easily handled with a few rubs with a clay bar...sadly, the scratch is through the colorcoat.

I also discovered that the finger recesses behind the door handles are fitted with what appears to be 3M Clear Bra material...pretty cool, 'cause it keeps my fingernails from marring the finish. I don't know if it's a factory feature or if the dealership had it done...they didn't charge for it, so I'm thinking it's a factory application.

Anyway, the paint is now mirror-like...check it out:
http://www.chevymalibuforum.com/gallery/images/155/large/1_P5100130.JPG

·
Registered
795 Posts
I also discovered that the finger recesses behind the door handles are fitted with what appears to be 3M Clear Bra material...pretty cool, 'cause it keeps my fingernails from marring the finish. I don't know if it's a factory feature or if the dealership had it done...they didn't charge for it, so I'm thinking it's a factory application.
None on our car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Huh? Oh, that! It's a Miata. Fun car.

·
Registered
72 Posts
^ yea wifey has one. I take it out every once and a while to clear out the cat and warm up the tires. Super light and rear drive = fun!:D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Not only did the dealer install the protection behind the handles for you, but it looks like their custom paint shop airbrushed a nice likeness of you in the door... I'm impressed! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.