Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Malibu lt
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 LT 1.5T. While most post I have read are about lowering, I was curious about raising mine. I don't seriously think any of you that want to drop yours to the ground live where it snows 5mths out of the year or you have a b.u winter car. Anyone else? W/o voiding drivetrain warranty?

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Studded snows on mine. If snows too deep it stays home and SUV w/AWD goes out.
Every vehicle has it's limitations and alterations more often cause more problems than they are worth.
Lowering in So. Cal. or Florida is less problematic as way less potholes, smoother roads. Frost heaved roads lowering is foolish if it's a daily driver and not the ''toy'' car. I see all those ground effect kits with busted up spoilers all the time just from curbs and driveways not to mention spare tires on from potholes popping those sexy low profile tires.
Raising it for clearance is purely experimental and would be custom parts.
If your tied to only one vehicle than you need the one that meets all your needs, there cannot be emotion over riding logic. I hate seeing Camaro's and Mustangs stuck in 4 in. of snow blocking the road and my way home.

·
Registered
2017 Malibu lt
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, GM does offer a lowering kit(-7/16"), but not a "certified lift kit". My last malibu(2012 LTZ) did very well in snow, heavy 3.6 up front & tiger paws. Had enough weight up front for low speed traction in deepish snow, of course back end would start to break loose when speed exceeded conditions. 1.5 up front does not provide enough weight for forward traction, when stuck, always get unstuck in R. This is the first car i have ever added weight in trunk behind rear wheels to minimize sliding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts