Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my 2013 Malibu makes a slight rattling noise from the rear when I drive over uneven pavement or bumps. I pushed the trunk down while parked to make the car bounce a bit and cannot hear any noise.

Anyone have this issue? I hope it isn't expensive as the engine never gives me problems and it has been a low maintenance vehicle as I hardly spend money on repairs.

thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Following. I have the same issue on my 15LT. Originally thought it was the plastic strut boot cover, but the sound is much more metal like in nature. I usually only hear it when vertical play in the suspension is encountered on the road and can't seem to replicate it in the garage.

Let me know if you figure it out.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,763 Posts
Check all of your suspension fasteners. I've heard tell of shock bolts being loose.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello, my 2013 Malibu makes a slight rattling noise from the rear when I drive over uneven pavement or bumps. I pushed the trunk down while parked to make the car bounce a bit and cannot hear any noise.

Anyone have this issue? I hope it isn't expensive as the engine never gives me problems and it has been a low maintenance vehicle as I hardly spend money on repairs.

thanks!
There’s a recall on some rear toe links. I’ve got the same symptoms and am hoping that the recall fixes the noise. I’ll let you know when I get it fixed. The toe links are back ordered for now.

·
Registered
2015 Malibu 1LT with the 2.5L engine!
93 Posts
I had that on the front of my 2015 malibu and it ended up being a bad shock.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
anyone have an update on getting the rear toe link(s) replaced under the recall???...I have an appointment scheduled in another week and if the dealership is going to keep the car all day and have me pick it up with the "we have to order that part(s)" I won't be too happy with them...

Thanks for any insight you care to share...

Bill

·
Registered
22 Posts
anyone have an update on getting the rear toe link(s) replaced under the recall???...I have an appointment scheduled in another week and if the dealership is going to keep the car all day and have me pick it up with the "we have to order that part(s)" I won't be too happy with them...

Thanks for any insight you care to share...

Bill
Safety recall N202308930. I guess you can call them with that number and they can look the parts up and advise you from there. I’m still waiting for the parts to come in. I’d better call them. They’re pretty incompetent.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
thanks...I am wondering if anyone has actually had it done yet...since so many of us need to get it done I had hoped someone might chime in here about how long it took to get done or if the dealership had the parts when they showed up for their appointments...

her dealership left a message on my phone that they need to talk to me before my appointment but haven't returned two calls I've made to find out what they wanted to talk about...

I'm sure I'll find out when the appointment occurs...

Bill

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am still following as well. Had an unrelated issue (brake caliper randomly failed) and took a rubber mallet to all of the moving parts in the rear suspension. I did not notice any noise, except for the strut boot, which is not as metal sounding of a noise than experienced, and a noise from the rotor dust cover when it hits the rotor. Though I don't suspect the odds of that happening on vertical movement (normal bumps) are very high.

·
Registered
2015 Malibu 1LT with the 2.5L engine!
93 Posts
Is it almost like a slight rattle over small bumps? I think I may have the same issue...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts