Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally sat down with the manual today and took a peek at several items. Got the homelink garage door opener to work, which is sweet, cause now I can take one remote out of my car.

Also went through all of the detailed menus on the vehicle information center, and changed some of the defaults for how the alarm works and how the doors lock. I changed it so there was no longer a five second delay of when you get in the car and when the doors can be locked. I want to be able to instantaneously lock the doors if need be, and now I can.

God I love this car!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well I finally sat down with the manual today and took a peek at several items. Got the homelink garage door opener to work, which is sweet, cause now I can take one remote out of my car.

Also went through all of the detailed menus on the vehicle information center, and changed some of the defaults for how the alarm works and how the doors lock. I changed it so there was no longer a five second delay of when you get in the car and when the doors can be locked. I want to be able to instantaneously lock the doors if need be, and now I can.

God I love this car!
Us men tend to have problems reading directions.... :p

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm such a nerd...I studied the manual as soon as I got the car home the first night....so sad....

·
Registered
781 Posts
I'm such a nerd...I studied the manual as soon as I got the car home the first night....so sad....
I picked up the manual before I picked up the car :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm still waiting for them to update it at mygmlink.com. It only shows the manual for the Malibu Classic.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Wow, I thought I was bad! :D
Mine is still open on my desk for a quick referral.
A few of us here are OC :D I'm at the top of the list :)
Now that we have had the car for awhile I should scan the manual to see if I missed anything.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yea, the first day I got the car I had to filler-up and could not find the door release button. Looked through the quick guide then the manual. finally got out of the car and found out that all it takes is a push to open. Now I need a locking gas cap due to the rate that gas is stolen these days.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, the first day I got the car I had to filler-up and could not find the door release button. Looked through the quick guide then the manual. finally got out of the car and found out that all it takes is a push to open. Now I need a locking gas cap due to the rate that gas is stolen these days.
Ive never heard of gas getting stolen...

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Dealer didn't give you a full tank?

·
Registered
72 Posts
mattman8 Re: Read the frickin manual! RTFM!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotmyCar

The Dealer didn't give you a full tank?
Nope. It probably was full but then stolen....

Yesterday 09:25 PM
BuckyFan Re: Read the frickin manual! RTFM!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotmyCar

Ive never heard of gas getting stolen...
Yup, happens everyday around here.... Mostly commercial lots are hit that have parked vans and such... Once gas hits $6-7 a gal it will become Chaos.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.