Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the rear view of the car would be a tad "cleaner" without the large bowtie on the trunk lid.

Anyone know if it's possible to remove the Bowtie without doing any harm to the paint?

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
I think the rear view of the car would be a tad "cleaner" without the large bowtie on the trunk lid.

Anyone know if it's possible to remove the Bowtie without doing any harm to the paint?
Assuming the Bowtie is not fastened by hardware and is only double-sided taped in place, you can try the fishing line method.

Use a length of monofilament fishing line or dental floss and work it behind the logo. Slide the line, back and forth behind the Bowtie while working your way across its length. Once removed you'll need to remove whatever tape residue is left. I know of others that have used this method to debadge their cars.

·
Registered
795 Posts
To remove the residue left, I have used a product caled Goo Gone You can purchase it in the craft section of Wal Mart.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fantastic. Thanks for the help. I don't even have the car yet and I already have things I want to do to it. :D

·
Registered
795 Posts
When I had some paint work done on my last truck I told the body shop to leave off the emblems. I liked the cleaner look and it is easier to wax.

·
Registered
9 Posts
you can take it off but there are two holes that align the emblem. if you don't like the look of it check out the threads on paint to match bowties. I have a black Granite MEtallic with painted bows and it looks great.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,813 Posts
Thread is 4 years, 9 months old...

·
Registered
6 Posts
So can the other emblems be removed without any holes left behind? For example, the "Malibu" and "LT" emblems. I want to either get a white Bowtie for the front and back or one that i can toggle an illuminated Bowtie, if anyone knows of a vendor for that, please let me know, otherwise, i will be designing my own.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,813 Posts
A little searching for this very subject will yield other posts about this very thing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.