Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the 08 was rear ended the other day while sitting at a stop light. Can still drive it, not the worst damage visually but I know there is more than just the bumper that is messed up. Trunk pops hard and doesn't just close like it used to, have to slam it down pretty hard. The car has 182k miles. I have a feeling insurance will total this thing out. Edmunds shows a value between $500 and $3000. Not sure what insurance uses to determine value. It's been a good car, but hauling the hockey gear has been more tricky than something with more cargo space or larger opening would be. Just wondering if y'all think it might be totaled based on value or if you think insurance will fix it. I'm waiting to hear from an adjuster to know for sure, just hard to sit and wait. It's a 2008 LT1 2.4, AT with 182k miles, a couple rust spots at bottom by back of passenger doors.

Thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
21 Posts
According to some quick research, I would expect insurance value to be between $500 and $1500. For example,over the summer a ‘08 LTZ with 117k and similar damage (runs and drives) sold for $1550. It was clean and rust free. I would assume that’s the high end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to some quick research, I would expect insurance value to be between $500 and $1500. For example,over the summer a ‘08 LTZ with 117k and similar damage (runs and drives) sold for $1550. It was clean and rust free. I would assume that’s the high end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the rust spots on the quarter panels by the rear door and it's nice but a few blemishes here and there around the car when you get close. Seats are kinda water stained too. But this is what I was thinking that my car my not be worth $1500 in repair, and with the trunk binding I know it's not just a bumper that needs replaced. Thanks for your info.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just took it in to the body shop tonight. I was told the estimate can only include what is seen now so all the hidden issues behind the plastic come up later to adjust the estimate. My insurance also uses used parts for things like bumpers so parts would be less than his new OE parts. All that said they also said they will not order parts until the take it apart to know if it will be repaired or totaled.

Good luck with yours!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts