Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased 2016 LT2. Been happy with the car but my rear backup sensors aren't beeping. My wife's Equinox has an insane audible alert when backing into something. My Malibu doesn't beep at all. Just a silly flashing yellow object. Is there something i'm missing? My chime volume in "settings" is maxed out. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Just purchased 2016 LT2. Been happy with the car but my rear backup sensors aren't beeping. My wife's Equinox has an insane audible alert when backing into something. My Malibu doesn't beep at all. Just a silly flashing yellow object. Is there something i'm missing? My chime volume in "settings" is maxed out. Anyone else experience this?
Hi Malibu_2016,

We are sorry to learn of your rear bumper sensor concern, but are glad you are otherwise enjoying your new Malibu! We understand how it could be frustrating without your alert beep and would like the opportunity to look into this further. Please send us a private message with your VIN, full contact information and preferred dealership name.

Best,

Steph B
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I typed up a long private message and couldn't send it as I don't have 15 posts yet. ???

If you think this is a problem that warrants a trip to the service department let me know.

I disabled the visual pop up alert (caution icon) and now the beeping has been working. But, the beeping will stop even when there is an object, in my case a garage door. Odd that it first detects an object but in the process of getting closer to the object the beep halts.

Please advise. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2016 Malibu Lt and I am having the same issue. My camera works if e but no alerts and nothing in setting to remedy the issue

Hi Malibu_2016,

We are sorry to learn of your rear bumper sensor concern, but are glad you are otherwise enjoying your new Malibu! We understand how it could be frustrating without your alert beep and would like the opportunity to look into this further. Please send us a private message with your VIN, full contact information and preferred dealership name.

Best,

Steph B
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 5 of 5 Posts