Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 3lt and just received a recall for "certain 2013 model year Chevy Malibu" in "corrosion states"

Apparently they put too much anti corrosion coating on a part which causes it to corrode. How ironic.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,898 Posts
Hey at least the notifications are right on schedule! Did the notice/letter say if they have parts yet?

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
really???...we've been waiting for these parts for the rear toe links (unless this is a different recall) since sometime in 2020...she's received no indication these are in stock in the ChicagoLand area other than the "postcard" informing her this needs to be done but the parts are unavailable when I check...(admittedly not since late Summer)

I had the GFs car scheduled for this late Summer this year after one of these letters...I was told the job could take 4 hours and since I was going to wait I should go home...about 20 minutes later I received a call that the car could be picked up but that those parts were on national back order so it couldn't be done...hers is the 3LT 2.0 Turbo as well...

Bill

·
Registered
27 Posts
really???...we've been waiting for these parts for the rear toe links (unless this is a different recall) since sometime in 2020...she's received no indication these are in stock in the ChicagoLand area other than the "postcard" informing her this needs to be done but the parts are unavailable when I check...(admittedly not since late Summer)

I had the GFs car scheduled for this late Summer this year after one of these letters...I was told the job could take 4 hours and since I was going to wait I should go home...about 20 minutes later I received a call that the car could be picked up but that those parts were on national back order so it couldn't be done...hers is the 3LT 2.0 Turbo as well...

Bill
I’ve got an appointment on 1/17 to replace my toe links finally. I guess you should call again about parts availability.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
I hope they actually have the part...remember when I called they told me they could do the job then informed me that the parts were on national back order after I left the dealership upon being told it might take 4 hours...

I appreciate the update though...a call could help...hopefully the parts are coming in

Bill

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine was part of the recall. Took the dealer a month to get the toe links even though the recall notice I received said that the parts were in stock. Same as the post above me, took around 3 hours at the dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
had the recall performed Monday...the dealership and everyone involved did a great job (the opposite of my last dealings with them)...parts replaced and 4 wheel performance alignment performed...car and driver are no longer in peril ;) ...

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
I thought I'd add for anyone waiting to hear if the parts are in stock near them...GF received yet another notice that she hadn't had the recall performed yet but nothing about the parts being in stock to perform that recall...

I made an appointment online with the selling dealership and when I received a call back to my query about parts being in stock this time since they weren't last time...the dealership rep said the parts are here...and so they were.

anyone who is waiting to get notice of if these parts are in stock, call your dealership as they may be in stock despite never getting notice that the parts are in...

Bill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts