Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I tried the other day to remote start my 2015 Malibu LTZ via the My Chevrolet app and got the message UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE VEHICLE, TRY CONNECTING WITH THE ENGINE ON, IF NOT CALL ONSTAR.....
i didn’t care much since I thought the app is buggy and so on....but I tried again the next day and got the same error message and noticed the red light on the rearview mirror which is usually green.
I press the blue button to connect to Onstar but got only the beeps...with no connection so I called them via phone/bluetooth from inside the car. They suggested me to reinstall, the app and try again......5 minutes later same result...called again and can barely understand the advisor since the sound clarity is so bad. She only told me to check with the Stealership as there is nothing she can do furthermore. Pretty pissed off....I paid Onstar for the app service to have the remote start, doors lock, vehicle diagnostics, etc.....for nothing. The Onstar just decided to stop working without usage, when I rarely need it (cold day). I have no warranty on this for sure, so wonder if there is something I can do, as the module is easily accessible in the trunk, between the 2 speakers.
I‘ve read about a Onstar backup battery but wonder if this is the problem.
Any help will be greatly appreciate.
Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try this video.

I have the same issue but will wait until the weather gets warmer to fix. OnStar stated that the system works but some items may not function.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have seen this video but I don’t know how to unclip the red connector of the antena. The camera is too shacky when he tries to insert the flat screwdriver....

i finally unclipped it, applied the electronics cleaner, plugged it back and same result. Flashing red light when calling Onstar...beeps ans nothing else...hang up, then solid red light, Compass Does Not calibrate...- - those 2 dots below the speed indicator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts