Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know If this was an upgrade to our existing anti-theft and remote keyless entry system? Does the dealer program the remotes? It's not bad for 175.00 dollars!!:D

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't know about the LT models, but the LTZ comes standard with remote start. It is an awesome feture, especially in the morning when it is cold out. Heated seats help too.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
I believe the LT2 has the remote start as standard equipment as well as the LTZ.

jr, what package are you taliking about?

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
my 1lt came with rem start

·
Registered
421 Posts
I don't know about the 08+ cars, but on the 04's, all trims shown as remote start 'ready' just needed the right keyfobs and some dealership reprogramming to enable the feature. The existing keyless receiver and other hardware were already all in the car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here is the description on the website:

Remote Start
By pressing a button on the key fob, the remote start system starts your parked vehicle. Great for pre-warming or pre-cooling your vehicle. Seamlessly integrated with your vehicle's anti-theft and remote keyless entry systems.

It is the same key fob that cames with the pre-installed remote start. It states in the description that it will work!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.