Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone or removed the front chrome trim around the bumper grille. I got a 21 malibu rs. Wanted to replace the chrome one with a black one. Just wondering if you have to remove the whole front bumper or if that chrome piece just pops out any help or info is greatly appreciated

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,042 Posts
Have you considered using Plasti Dip?

·
Administrator
20,042 Posts
Most likely.

When I painted the inner grilles on mine, they came out from the back, so I expect they're using a similar mounting method for yours. Guess which one is mine!

Also, tell me if that's 1 car photoshopped to become 3, or 2 cars photoshopped to become 3, or actually 3 cars.

Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can I wager a guess, or should I wait until mikesmalibu has responded ? Didn't want to jump in and ruin something.

·
Administrator
20,042 Posts
Can I wager a guess, or should I wait until mikesmalibu has responded ? Didn't want to jump in and ruin something.
It's open to all comers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm guessing the center Malibu is yours with the Red grills and prominent fog lights although you don't give us enough to absolutely decide !

WELL, first off it obvious that all three are Chevrolet Malibu cars .... am I on the right track ???

The two cars on each end look like you mirrored them, but they are not. The interior shadows are different and the steering wheel didn't change sides. Also the the front wheels being turned in are not identical.

They all 3 have a slightly different reflection off the nose (just left (in the pic) of center on grill chrome)

Damn you're good with Photoshop, I keep waffling back and forth, but I believe that there are 3 different cars that you have modified the shadows to mess with me. But like I said above yours is in the middle.

Should I send you my address in a PM so you can send me my winner's gift ???

Also I'm not willing to trust anyone, especially you DD ! So I did a reverse image searched on the Internet for images identical to yours with TinEye. Didn't find anything.

·
Administrator
20,042 Posts
OK, good comments so far. But I'm not sure if you think that there are 3 cars or if one or two of them have been photoshopped.

Hint: Take a look at my avatar image.

This test or quiz gets you the same thing that a QOD (question of the day) gets you on a satellite radio station: Pride, not Prize. :cool:

So, what is your final answer?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not sure what the question is? I got a 22 rs coming in just curious how to remove the front chrome bezel

·
Administrator
20,042 Posts
Correct. Sorry for hijacking your thread, @mikesmalibu.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sky Car Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

I have a 2017 LT 97K miles, used PlastiDip three years ago on the grill (cardboard behind it while spraying) and it has held up remarkably well. Found snap on wheel covers and black bowtie on Ebay to dress it up. Bought it new, so far it has been a great car!

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts