Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove the rear deck in a 2009 Malibu 2LT. Im trying to lay some sound deadener under the rear deck but i cant get it off. Can someone help me?

·
Registered
569 Posts
-Pull the C pillar panels off first, There snapped into place in a couple sections

-Lay down the back seats and remove the 4 bolts at the Seat Back locks,

-With the seats laying down gently pull the remaining part of the seats
away from the back and there is 2 push in plastic clips at the top, Pull those out carefully

-Lift up and pull your seat belt out of the plastic.

-Lift it up and reach underneath on the right side to unclip your third break light and then just carefully pull everything out

·
Registered
89 Posts
Dude one does not simply 'unclip' their damn brake light -_- I'm struggling to get this god forsaken thing unplugged and it ain't happening.... Anyone else think that Chevy clips in this car are absolutely ridiculous? Idk maybe that's just how newer cars are... Gah I hate doing work on this car...

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,196 Posts
Remember, presentation is everything. There are no exposed screw heads or holes anywhere in the passenger compartment.

The thing is they did such a good job covering everything with snap-together technology that it looks like they extended it to many others. The engineers are apparently from the Lego Generation... ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
This is true.. The car does look very very clean but it's just so hard to work on things lol. At least Ican dig the enine compartment as my first car was a pt cruiser haha, that was like everything buried under everything else

·
Registered
58 Posts
@MalibuDragon- Im following your steps to put in my new 6x9s. I cant seem to find the plastic clips on the back of the side seats. Also, I cant lift up the rear deck because of the plastic pieces on each side holding in the seatbelts. Any advice?

·
Registered
55 Posts
This is an old thread, but was extremely helpful.

Following the step by step process, after reading everyone's comments, made for a stress free install.

Thank you forum members past and present.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Did u install 6x9s? What did u power them with? I jus4t bought some 6x9s. Do u hear a difference. I've heard people say the 6x9s don't make a big difference

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.