Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought by Malibu by myself and im 19 lets say something breaks ( engine or tranny) would i still be able to get a rent-a-car or loaner from GM? no tickets or anything on my record.:confused:

·
Registered
749 Posts
My dealer gave me a loaner.. but we're a very large business customer with our company so I don't know if maybe that's why? They knew I could afford to replace the car if something happened? As far as I'm aware they won't generally give you a loaner if you're not 21-25 years old... I don't agree at all I think it should be 19+ but hey.. it's their policy

im 19 too btw

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if they let you buy a car and something breaks, they should treat you like anyone else not different because your young

·
Registered
749 Posts
I think it's just insurance reasons... :-(

·
Registered
438 Posts
Each dealer is different and honestly the way that they handle each person and situation can vary quite a bit. I had an old Ford serviced once and they wouldn't give me a free loaner for 2 reasons... my age (at the time) and they didnt give free loaners for service customers. When I came to pick up my car they "couldnt find the keys". I walked over and I could see them locked in my car. I didn't have a spare set with me, it was more complicated by the fact that the ignition and door keys were different, and the guy they trusted to open the door up wasn't there... which was ridiculous and I told them so. They were closed the next day, and I wasn't free on Monday, so I made a big stink and they gave me a demo car to drive for free and didnt even bother to check my insurance.

When I bought my new Malibu I asked for the windows to be tinted, and I wasn't able to wait or come back for a few days to pick it up so they gave me a loaner for free, but it was all by the book this time and I am almost 30 now.

I've also had service done where they flat out refuse and some where you can pay for it. Your age may make a difference, but it depends how they do it. If not most dealers will offer you a free ride to wherever you need to be and to pick you up again if it's within business hours and a reasonable difference. Some have a specific shuttle for this, but most will get the lot attendant to take out the keys to a new car and drive you back & forth.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
If your car is in for Warranty work they are supposed to provide you a courtesy car.

PS. You need to quit running the Sheeet out of your Mali,that little 4 banger is not meant to run at Redline continuosly :eek: :D:D:D

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If your car is in for Warranty work they are supposed to provide you a courtesy car.

PS. You need to quit running the Sheeet out of your Mali,that little 4 banger is not meant to run at Redline continuosly :eek: :D:D:D
im use to racing my GTP at the strip so.... its a good habit , and for my bu...

well it better live there at redline for at least 5 years or 100,000 miles lol

·
Registered
574 Posts
Haha... I know what you mean, I still every now and then have to tell myself its not the Supercharged Cobalt I used to have. It doesn't live at 7500 RPM like the balt did. Lol

·
Registered
193 Posts

I don't know that they are "supposed to" provide a courtesy car. They are supposed to give courtesy transportation. That could mean a loaner car, or a buss pass, or a ride in the shuttle. It depends by dealership.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.