Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading back to Disney on Sunday - lets hope they have a nice Malibu waiting for me in the Emerald Isle !!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Have fun and enjoy some warm weather..... yeah hopefully they have a new ride waiting for ya

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
We're here now - we didnt get a Malibu - but we did get a Pontiac G6 V6 - not to shabby - first observations - I HATE the orange instument Cluster and the Radio lights.....absolutly horrible.

Is there anyway to change these or is this what owners of G6's have to live with.....looks awlful !!

Its Black Granite....I think...or whatever Pontiac uses for Black....Carbon Black...I need to look at it during the daylight...picked it up in the evening, so I couldnt really get a good look at it.

Well off to Magic Kindom to see the Super Bowl parade with Big Ben and Santonio !!!!!

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Is there anyway to change these or is this what owners of G6's have to live with.....looks awlful !!
No, red lighting is one of Pontiac's trademarks, so to speak, and that's just how they make everything. It's strange at first, if you're used to usual blue-green, but as I had a G6 before, I grew to like it pretty quickly...just depends on your own tastes & eyes.

You can't change it;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Beach - I spent a fair amount of time in the G6 today and I must admit - I am NOT getting used to it.....I really cant believe this is a Pontiac trademark...its Dreadful...I know this sounds strange - but I would never buy a Pontiac - just because of it.

Overall though - the G6 is a nice driver....

Oh yeah - No Big Ben today at the Parade - but Santonio was there.....was pretty cool to see him at Disney.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Well Beach - I spent a fair amount of time in the G6 today and I must admit - I am NOT getting used to it.....I really cant believe this is a Pontiac trademark...its Dreadful...I know this sounds strange - but I would never buy a Pontiac - just because of it.
Understandable. You either get used to it and like it, or you don't. It really was strange to me at first, especially after the green digital gauges I was used to in my Cadillac, but I honestly did. Completely, entirely different from the teal glow of the Malibu, though;-)

Well, as is the car itself. Despite the shared platform, huge difference, after having both.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.