Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a used LS. After living with it for 2 months I'm having alot of problems with the seat. Very uncomfortable for someone with a bad back. Tried various seat cushions without any luck. Didn't notice with the original 15 min. test drive. Now like sitting in a plastic bucket.

Is there another Malibu seat with more support and/or comfort? And if so can it be changed over?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,507 Posts
I suppose a power seat from a higher trim might get you some additional lumbar adjustment? I'm kind of skeptical that would solve your problem, though. You can always try going to your local Chevy dealer and ask to sit in a Premier with power seats to try it out.

Sitting low in a sedan might not be for you anymore. If you go to a Chevy dealer, sit in an Equinox LS and see what you think of the seating position and difference in comfort.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

Trying to get a straight answer from my dealer is like dealing with a government agency. Best to go in prepared. Are Malibu seats interchangeable?

Or I can take it to an auto apolstery shop.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I found mine uncomfortable at first but eventually wore my butt groove in and found the right settings that work for me and my bad back. I hate taking it in for a car wash because they always screw it up and takes me a while to get it back.

What adjustments does the LS have? Mine is a 2LT so it has the power drivers seat and manual passenger, at some point I’ll swap in a power passenger seat base but it’s not been a priority. I’d say the mounting points should be the same, but getting power may be the challenge.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer had an open house ( and free chicken) for their new customers today. The body shop manager said they could do everything from replacing the foam, the seat covers or even the seat. Wasn't sure about a power seat as the LS is a manual 6 way seat.

I'll try out the seats on a new LT this weekend vs my 3 yr old LS and go from there.

Thanks for our response.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Dealer had an open house ( and free chicken) for their new customers today. The body shop manager said they could do everything from replacing the foam, the seat covers or even the seat. Wasn't sure about a power seat as the LS is a manual 6 way seat.

I'll try out the seats on a new LT this weekend vs my 3 yr old LS and go from there.

Thanks for our response.
Update?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dealer stated they could replace the foam in both bottom and back but wasn't sure if that would help. I did find a local shop that does modifications and has experience reworking car seats. I was told it was not uncommon. Quoted $100 to $300 guestimate. They seemed to understand the problem. Will give them a try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
exfordguy
Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Chevy Malibu Forum is the best place for owners of the sedan to connect with the community and discuss MPG, mods, and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing