Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2000 Malibu's plastic line between the purge valve/solenoid to the vapor canister snapped when I replaced the EGR valve a while back. Currently it's rigged to maybe function in the meantime, at least I think; hard to say when functional relies on nothing leaking. Regardless, to my surprise the hardline snapped when the ratchet I was using tapped it, must have been brittle from the age and heat. That worked for the meantime, but I really need to get around to repairing it.

No amount of gluing is going to fix it due the small but constant tension it would be under when hooked on to the valve/solenoid, and given that it's dealing with gas vapor, I'd prefer not to plastic weld it, if that's even possible given the kind of part it is. Sadly, looking online has yielded no results. I can find the valve/solenoid itself, but not a line for between it and the canister. It also has a very particular means of fitting onto the valve/solenoid so I don't think making something custom is even an option. Any help would be very much appreciated.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,479 Posts
If there's even a small piece of the nipple remaining on the valve, use a fuel-rated hose to attach to it. You may need to be inventive on how to keep it attached. My idea is to have that hose go into an inline connector, then to a very short hose that goes on the valve. Then, use zip ties to help keep it tight against the valve.

Once you have a hose, the rest should be a lot easier.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If there's even a small piece of the nipple remaining on the valve, use a fuel-rated hose to attach to it. You may need to be inventive on how to keep it attached. My idea is to have that hose go into an inline connector, then to a very short hose that goes on the valve. Then, use zip ties to help keep it tight against the valve.

Once you have a hose, the rest should be a lot easier.
I'd need a really long hose for that connection, because it's going from the engine bay all the way to the vapor canister. I'll see what I can do with that. It's going to be an interesting time routing it. On top of that, I'm not entirely sure how I'd connect it to the valve, because the nipple it connects to has that design where a plastic strip is what locks it on the nipple, the nipple has a ring extruding out part way down it for this purpose. Maybe I can find some kind of small hose clamp, but I also don't want to crush the nipple and ruin the valve. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

I snapped my tube and nipple off of my purge valve solenoid....tried jb weld epoxy..... no go. . I bought a new solenoid from rockauto for lile 25 bucks...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I snapped my tube and nipple off of my purge valve solenoid....tried jb weld epoxy..... no go. . I bought a new solenoid from rockauto for lile 25 bucks...
My solenoid is fine, well, I do need to replace it, but my problem has to do with the hard plastic line that's supposed to connect to it. The line with the plastic tab that raps around the ring that goes down the nipple.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,479 Posts
Do you have any pics to share of the offending part?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

Thats the line that goes i to it.....nipple was stuck in it from the solenoid.......maybe rockauto has the line aswell

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.