Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My AUX port on my stereo broke so I'm looking to swap the OEM headunit out with another OEM one with the same options (AM/FM Satellite Radio CD). Looking on ebay a lot of the ads say that it may require dealership reprogramming. Can anyone shed some light on if this will be required or what variables may make it required? I was hoping to just go out with the old and in with the new easy peasy. Any help is much appreciated. 2011 Malibu LT 2.4l

Also if anyone has one laying around I would glady take it off your hands!

Thanks

·
Administrator
16,621 Posts
The aux jack is soldered onto the printed circuit board inside the radio. Take the front face off, find a replacement jack or fix the one that's there, and reinstall. Then you won't need to get the VIN programmed for the "new" radio. Save $$$

·
Registered
2 Posts
The aux jack is soldered onto the printed circuit board inside the radio. Take the front face off, find a replacement jack or fix the one that's there, and reinstall. Then you won't need to get the VIN programmed for the "new" radio. Save $$$
Is this true for the 2006 Malibu Headunit?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
lamplight2012
Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Chevy Malibu Forum is the best place for owners of the sedan to connect with the community and discuss MPG, mods, and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing