Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will higher incentives appear again?

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) — Overall retail sales declined in April thanks to weakness at car dealers, the government reported Tuesday.

The Commerce Department reported Tuesday that total retail sales fell 0.2 percent last month, compared to a 0.2 percent increase in March. The report was in line with a consensus of economists surveyed by Briefing.com.

Stripping out volatile auto sales, retail sales rose 0.5 percent in April. That was well above the 0.2 percent increase expected by analysts and just ahead of the upwardly revised 0.4 percent gain posted in March.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Gas is to blame here, if the government stepped in and tried to lower gas prices alittle maybe we could actually survive. One thing I don't understand is the price of everything around us goes up but our paychecks stay the same.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Gas is to blame here, if the government stepped in and tried to lower gas prices alittle maybe we could actually survive. One thing I don't understand is the price of everything around us goes up but our paychecks stay the same.
There is nothing that the government can do about gas prices. They can take out the tax but that only what 20 cents.

This is a world wide problem and as long as oil is $120 we're going to be paying near $4 a gallon. God help us if we have a bad hurricane season.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is nothing that the government can do about gas prices. They can take out the tax but that only what 20 cents.

This is a world wide problem and as long as oil is $120 we're going to be paying near $4 a gallon. God help us if we have a bad hurricane season.
A co-worker of mine just got back from a conference in which someone from the UK said they are paying $3 a LITER. You do the math.... :eek:

But the guy also said he was driving a car that gets 50 MPG, partly because the emission standards are not as strict in other countries.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.